Coell M. Simmons
Like her twin sister, Madison, Coell boasts some very intriguing qualities as a classically trained pianist with a Red-white belt in Taekwondo who also enjoys bear chasing!
Ms. Simmons earned her Juris Doctor with Distinction from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law as a Justice Anthony Kennedy Fellow on a full tuition scholarship. She earned the Witkin Award in Evidence, and was honored as a member of the Traynor Honor Society, the Dean’s Honor List, the International Legal Honor Society, and received one of only twenty ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarships awarded to members of a racial or ethnic minority underrepresented in the legal profession. She served as a Law Review Associate Managing and Technical Editor for the Pacific McGeorge Global Business & Development Law Journal, and participated in the Salzburg International Legal Studies Program that was taught by Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy and Professor Sionaidh Douglas-Scott. Additionally, she served as a OneJustice Intake Volunteer, and earned a judicial externship for a United States Magistrate Judge, where she assisted Chambers with motions to dismiss, motions to strike, motions for summary judgment, cross motions for summary judgment, habeas corpus petitions, and social security determination review.
Prior to law school she attended the Pre-Law Summer Institute for American Indians and Alaska Natives (PLSI) in the Summer of 2010, where she earned a Chickasaw Nation Tribal Scholarship.
Coell earned her Bachelor’s of Arts Degree in World History from the University of California, Merced as a Regents Scholarship Recipient on a full tuition scholarship.
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Associate Attorney for Matheny Sears Linkert & Jaime LLP
- Legal Contract Work for the Local Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Contract Lawyers
- Independent Legal Tutor for Law Students
- Legal Contract Work for Complete Wireless Consulting
- Judicial Extern for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Legal Intern for the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office
- Legal Research Extern for the Yolo County Superior Court
- Intern for the United States House of Representatives
- Yosemite Visitor Use Assistant, National Park Service, Department of the Interior
AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Justice Anthony Kennedy Fellow (full tuition scholarship to McGeorge School of Law)
- The Traynor Society
- Dean’s Honor List (2010-2013)
- Witkin Award, Evidence
- ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship Recipient (2010-2013)
- International Legal Honor Society of Phi Delta Phi, Shields Inn, McGeorge School of Law
- Mock Trial Honors Team
- Chickasaw National Tribal Scholarship