Hospital acquired infections have been a major concern across the nation for several years. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) released a progress report that compared the prevalence of hospital-associated infections in acute care hospitals in 2011 to 2013. In 2011, the CDC found that 1 in 25 patients each day developed a hospital infection which was unrelated to the reason why treatment was sought. The progress report that reexamined the prevalence of hospital infections two years later indicated a minimal decrease in hospital infections, like surgical site infections and MRSA, which tells the public that unsanitary practices continue to be committed in hospitals.
Eric Ratinoff Law is a leading injury law firm based in Sacramento, CA representing clients in a number of medical malpractice cases, including hospital infections that have caused further injury. Contact us today to setup a free initial consultation (866) 527-4278!
Unsanitary practices may include some or all of the following:
- Failure to wash hands
- Failure to use approved safety gloves
- Lack of safety gloves available
- Failure to wear industry approved clothing and/or coverings of the face and body
- Misuse of or failure to use sanitizing agents on equipment, furniture and hands
- Sanitizing agents not stocked or readily available to staff
- Improper laundering or failure to launder cloth items, such as gowns and bedding
- Improper disposal of hazardous materials and waste
- Use of contaminated equipment, such as syringes
- Failure to provide proper instruction to patients on how to care for wounds and utilize equipment during a hospital stay
- Failure to properly care for a patient’s needs, such as bathing, changing of garments and cleansing of wounds and surrounding areas
At Eric Ratinoff Law Corp, we represent numerous injury clients that have fallen victim to the unsanitary practices of healthcare facilities. If you believe your injuries to be the cause of neglect by a medical professional, you should consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer. We represent clients in Sacramento, CA and across the nation and offer free and confidential case evaluations.
Hospital infections can be prevented if medical professionals follow safety protocols that protect patients.
Contact a Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered a hospital infection, Eric Ratinoff Law Corp and his legal team will fight for maximum compensation allowed under California Law. Schedule your free consultation with Eric Ratinoff today by filling the form on this page or calling (866) 527-4278.