Surgical mistakes, also known as preventable adverse events, cover a wide range of medical errors caused by the negligent actions of those involved in the care of a patient before, during and after surgery. The involved care practitioners may include various medical personnel, such as surgeons, members of the surgical team, and post-operative staff.
Surgical mistakes can be detrimental to an individual’s health state, even during the process of recovery. Medical malpractice is not an uncommon event, and unfortunately, many families and loved ones have fallen victim to injuries caused at the hands of a medical professional. It’s important to seek medical malpractice representation early. Eric Ratinoff Law Corp offers aggressive support and will seek compensation for your case. Contact us today in Sacramento at 916.473.1529.
Surgical Mistakes Are a Common Form of Medical Malpractice
Surgical mistakes and medical errors include, but are not limited to the following:
- Unnecessary surgery
- Wrong procedure
- Wrong surgical site
- Mistaken patient identity
- Surgical tools or objects left inside of the patient’s body
- Improper or faulty performance or execution of surgery
- Lack of medical action
- Failure to complete patient records or review patient records
- Treatment or techniques implemented which are not accepted by the larger medical community to treat a patient’s particular condition
- Failure to provide necessary medication
- Improper or lack of after-care instructions
A study conducted on patient safety has estimated that more than 400,000 patients in the U.S. are subjected to preventable adverse events. These surgical mistakes can result in new health complications, worsening of current medical conditions, serious injuries, and death. Examples of the consequences of these devastating medical oversights include:
- Hospital infection
- Injury to organs or areas of the body unrelated to the surgical site
- Nerve or blood vessel injury
- Internal bleeding
- Loss of pregnancy or infant death
- Wrongful Death
Contact Us Today
Surgical mistakes are preventable acts of negligence and dramatically impact a patient’s state of health, quality of life and financial circumstances. The personal injury attorneys at Eric Ratinoff Law have successfully fought for clients who have been victims of various surgical mistakes. If you or a loved one suspect medical malpractice to be the cause of injury, schedule your free consultation today by filling out the form on this page or calling 916.473.1529.