I came to Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. with years of extensive jury trial and courtroom experience. As an associate attorney and trial lawyer with primary focus in personal injury, medical malpractice, and wildfire litigation, I am pursuing my passion for helping people and using my extensive experience to advocate on my clients’ behalf.
Prior to joining the Eric Ratinoff Law Corp., I served as a Senior Deputy Public Defender in the Shasta County Public Defender’s Office. There, I represented and helped thousands of clients from diverse backgrounds navigate difficult circumstances. I amassed years of courtroom experience, trying 68 jury trials to verdict as lead attorney. I have always been committed to improving the fairness and positive outcomes of the justice system, including as a member of a Shasta County interagency work group whose goals included reducing recidivism and making rehabilitative services more responsive and effective. In order to further support our clients, I chaired a committee in the public defender’s office to streamline processes and develop communication among attorneys and staff in ways that helped us respond more successfully to clients’ needs.
Before becoming an attorney, I served for six years in the United States Marine Corps Reserves, including active duty in Operation Desert Storm. I also served as a firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician with the Butte County and Arcata Fire Departments, rising to the rank of Fire Captain in the Butte County Fire Department.
Outside the practice of law, I enjoy spending time exploring the great outdoors, reading books on history and leadership, spending time with family and friends and cheering for my favorite sports teams. I have also spent years coaching high school mock trial teams in county and state competitions.
- State Bar of California
- Juris Doctor, Cal Northern School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, English, Humboldt State University
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of California
- Capital City Trial Lawyers Association, Sacramento CA
- Volunteer Attorney Coach, Enterprise H.S. Mock Trial Team, Redding, California
- Attorney, Assistant Facilitator, Butte County Family Law Facilitators Office
- Volunteer Fire Captain/EMT, Butte County Fire Department
- Volunteer Firefighter/EMT, Arcata Fire Department
- Senior Deputy Public Defender, Law Office of Shasta County Public Defender, 2004-2018
- Deputy Public Defender, Law Office of Jack Suter, Shasta County
- Deputy Public Defender, Law Office of Stephen Kennedy, Shasta County