Sacramento Birth Injury Lawyer
When an unborn or newborn infant becomes injured before, during, or shortly after the birth process, it is absolutely devastating. All too often, birth injuries occur due to preventable mistakes that create a lifetime of problems for an innocent baby. Birth injuries are also financially and emotionally draining on the parents of the child.
The birth injury lawyers at Eric Ratinoff Law represent clients in birth injury cases throughout Sacramento and Northern California. We offer our support, and representation for injury cases involving child birth, medical malpractice, medical negligence and much more. Contact us today to learn more, and to receive a free initial consultation.
Causes of Birth Injuries
Injuries to the baby are most likely to occur during a prolonged and difficult labor and delivery. Birth injuries may include the following characteristics:
- Large Babies — Babies weighing more than approximately 8 pounds, 13 ounces may be more difficult for the mother to deliver, causing medical interventions that may result in forceps or vacuum injuries
- Premature Babies — Babies born before 37 weeks, known as “premature babies,” have more fragile bodies and may be more easily injured
- Mother’s Pelvis Too Small (cephalopelvic disproportion) — Doctors and nurses may not be equipped to deliver the baby vaginally if the size and shape of the mother’s pelvis is small.
- Slow or Difficult Labor/Delivery — Also known as “dystocia,” a long period of labor can increase the chances for complications such as umbilical cord compression, or “Nuchal Cord”
- Prolonged Labor — Many hours of labor contractions can cause injury to the fetus
- Abnormal Position of Baby — Position of the fetus in the womb (such as the “breech” position, buttocks first) may complicate and prolong labor and delivery
Contact our Sacramento Birth Injury Attorneys
Our experienced birth injury lawyers understand that birth trauma and injury cases can be complex and demanding. Our injury attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in damages for children and their families who have been injured by negligent doctors and medical staff.
With over twenty years of experience, the well-trained paralegals and administrative staff at Eric Ratinoff Law give us the advantage, even under the most difficult circumstances to succeed in your case. If your child has suffered birth injury or trauma, please fill out and submit a contact form for a free and confidential case evaluation, or call us toll-free at (866) 527-4278. We are dedicated to fighting for your rights!