Tips for Driving through Construction Zones in California
Each time a person gets behind the wheel of a car, they are at risk of getting into an accident. It has been reported that over six million car accidents occur across the United States each year. While a car accident can occur anywhere, construction zones may be one of the most dangerous places for drivers in California.
Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. helps clients who have been involved in accidents in California construction zones. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys if you have been involved in a construction zone accident.
Safety Tips for Driving through California Construction Zones
Drivers must be responsible every time they drive their vehicles. Unfortunately, while you may make safe driving choices, it is impossible to control what other drivers do on the roads. Driver negligence is one of the leading causes of accidents on the roads, especially in construction zones. The following safety tips for driving through California construction zones are vital to helping you remain safe on your drive:
- Remain alert: Drivers should always be aware and alert of their surroundings. Often, there will be signs to notify drivers of a construction zone. Drivers should be aware of these signs and any other rules or hazards within the construction zone.
- Slow down: Construction zones usually require drivers to go at a slower speed, and it is vital that they adhere to this law. Speeding is one of the leading causes of car accidents, especially in a construction zone.
- Follow directions given by construction workers: Sometimes, construction workers will be on-site to direct drivers into one lane or tell them when it is safe to cross through the zone.
- Stay in your lane: Drivers should do their best not to drift out of their lane. Additionally, if possible, it is best to stay in one lane until exiting the construction zone.
- Be patient: It can be frustrating to drive through a construction zone that may be slow or backed up. Drivers should remain calm and be patient because acting out of frustration or anger while driving can be hazardous.
If you have been injured in a California construction zone, you should contact an experienced car accident lawyer for help building your claim.
Who Is Liable If a Construction Zone Accident Occurs?
If a driver experiences a car accident while in a construction zone, the following individuals or entities may be held liable:
- A negligent driver: In most cases, negligent drivers cause accidents that occur in construction zones.
- Construction company: The construction company will rarely be found liable, but this may occur if the construction zone is not properly contained.
- Construction workers: It is also rare that workers will be held liable for an accident, but it may occur if they acted negligently when the accident occurred.
If you’re unsure who is liable for your accident, contact a skilled car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp.
Construction zones can be highly dangerous for drivers. If you or a loved one were involved in a construction zone accident that left you injured, you should seek help from an experienced car accident lawyer.
Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. has a team of California car accident lawyers with over 25 years of experience helping clients who have been in construction zone accidents. Our award-winning legal team is proud to provide clients with the trusted and dedicated representation they deserve. To schedule a free consultation, you can contact us here or call (916) 970-9100.