Sacramento Product Liability Lawyer
In this country, we are accustomed to enjoying some of the best products in the world. Thanks to the many innovative people and businesses, consumer advocacy groups and other companies within the government who are devoted to protecting the consumer, we have come to trust the products we use every day.
However, the fact remains that we are exposed to unsafe products on a regular basis. Sometimes manufacturer defects go undetected until they cause serious injuries, or even wrongful death. Other times an injury may be caused by an undiscovered design flaw. Because of this, many states have enacted comprehensive products liability statutes to protect the people from defective products that cause damage or injury to the consumer. There is a long list of businesses along the chain of supply that may be held responsible for damage caused by that product. Those businesses may include the manufacturers of component parts, assembling manufacturers, wholesalers, and retail stores. If you have sustained a severe injury due to a defective product or a design flaw, our Sacramento product liability attorneys can secure compensation for your injuries.
Common Product Liability Cases
The most common product liability cases stem from the following:
- Car Defects – Faulty airbags, tires, seat belts, etc.
- Defective Kitchen Appliances – Defective pressure cookers and other electric appliances that cause injury and property damage
- Industrial Equipment – Improper safety gear, defective shut-off switches, lack of warning signs on machinery.
- Cranes – Malfunctioning parts, missing components, broken safety latches, motion alarms not installed.
- Forklifts – Collisions, Backing into people/objects, objects falling from forklifts causing injury or wrongful death.
- Scaffolding – Electrical hazards, falling objects, unmaintained work surfaces.
- Medical Devices – Defectively manufactured or marketed defibrillators, stents, implants, other medical devices.
- Pharmaceutical Drugs – Undisclosed side effects, improperly labeled prescription drugs, defective manufactured drugs, etc.
Product Liability Lawsuits Involving Product Recalls
- Dangerous drugs, Heparin, Bextra, Vioxx, Phen Phen etc.
- Defective or dangerous medical devices, such as Guidant defibrillators and Guidant pacemakers
- Automobile recalls, Takata airbag recall
- Defective kitchen appliances and electronic devices
- Contaminated foods, tainted spinach, E. coli contaminated beef patties, etc.
- Contaminated pet foods
Product Liability Lawsuits Involving Dangerous Products
Occasionally, consumers suffer problems from dangerous products that the manufacturers refute as being dangerous. One such product that is currently facing such scrutiny (and thousands of lawsuits) is Roundup weed killer, by Monsanto. After three major verdicts blaming Monsanto’s Roundup weed killer product for causing consumers to develop non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, there are now thousands of weed killer cancer lawsuits being filed against Monsanto. However, Monsanto (which is now owned by Bayer Corporation) continues to deny its product is dangerous to consumers, and no recall has been issued. If you have been diagnosed with cancer after repeat exposure to Roundup weed killer, click here for more information.
Call our Sacramento Product Liability Attorney
Our product liability attorneys have extensive experience representing individuals injured in product liability cases, in both jury trials and settlement negotiations. Product liability lawsuits require extensive resources and the expertise knowledge of qualified product liability lawyers. Our experienced trial attorneys have recovered thousands of dollars on behalf of injured Americans in cases involving dangerous drugs, defective medical devices, car defects and industrial equipment defects, to name a few.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to a defective product or design flaw, our Sacramento personal injury lawyers at Eric Ratinoff Law can help your case. Call our Sacramento office at (916) 970-9100 or fill out the form on this page and one of our experienced product liability attorneys will answer your legal questions, free of charge and obligation.