Sacramento Wrongful Death Attorney
A wrongful death claim is more than just a lawsuit. The sudden and senseless death of a loved one impacts the family in countless ways, and no wrongful death suit, settlement or jury verdict can ever replace the loss that family feels every single day. A Sacramento wrongful death lawyer must be more than legal representation – he or she must be an advocate and counselor, a lion in the courtroom and a lamb with his clients. But above all, he must be a human being who understands every aspect of what it means to lose a loved one or family members. Get the help you need immediately by speaking to our Sacramento wrongful death attorneys at the Eric Ratinoff Law Corp.
Your Wrongful Death Case
Justice is not just something that occurs in a legal procedure. It is a process that involves a lot of questions, answers, guidance and support. Our Sacramento personal injury attorneys understand this process and we are there for you and your family throughout this process and beyond. Our mission is to fight for you and with you, and to preserve justice for the one whose memory will remain with you forever.
Who is Accountable for a Family Member’s Death?
All states including California provide legal remedies for wrongful death cases. The negligent party who was the cause of the wrongful death of another can be held accountable for pain and suffering of the survivors, compensation for loss of earnings of the deceased, recovery of present and future financial losses due to the loved one’s death, reimbursement for burial and funeral expenses, reimbursement of medical expenses and other out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the wrongful death of a loved one.
Who May Bring a Wrongful Death Claim in Sacramento?
In the state of California, a wrongful death claim can be brought by, surviving spouse/children, parents or siblings, a domestic partner and anyone who is financially dependent on the deceased person.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Although there are many causes of wrongful death, the most common reasons include:
- Construction or workplace accidents
- Defective products (including defective pharmaceutical drugs)
- car crashes and motor vehicle accidents
- Medical Malpractice
Financial Costs of a Wrongful Death Case
- Future earnings – Income the deceased would have earned if wrongful death had not occurred.
- Passing expenses – All costs associated with a passing (medical bills, funeral, burial expenses).
- Retirement or pension – An untimely wrongful death can cut income from a retirement account.
- Inheritance – Inheritance benefits can be cut.
- Pain and Suffering – Your wrongful death attorney will be able to secure you compensation for the victim and their loved ones for the pain and suffering they experienced.
- Punitive Damages – If the loss was caused from intentional acts or negligence by the responsible party, you will be eligible for financial compensation.
- Loss of companionship – You might be eligible for monetary compensation for the loss of companionship provided by your family member or friend.
Talk to a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Sacramento Today
Northern California wrongful death attorney Eric Ratinoff has over twenty years of experience in wrongful death claims in Sacramento and throughout the country which have resulted from many different types of intentional or negligent conduct. He has handled complex cases involving medical malpractice, defective products, construction accidents, birth injuries, motorcycle accidents, and major medical misdiagnosis of diseases such as cancer or HIV.
Request a Free Consultation
Our Sacramento wrongful death attorneys attorneys also represent the survivors of loved ones who were lost due to defective medical devices or dangerous drugs that had undisclosed, harmful side effects. To learn more about Eric Ratinoff’s history of successfully resolving wrongful death lawsuits, please call our legal team in Sacramento, CA today for questions or a free case consultation. Fill out the form on this page or call us at (916) 970-9100.