Sacramento Wrongful Death Attorney
A wrongful death claim is more than just a lawsuit. The sudden and senseless death of a loved one impacts the family in countless ways, and no wrongful death suit, settlement or jury verdict can ever replace the loss that family feels every single day. A wrongful death lawyer must be more than a personal injury attorney – he or she must be an advocate and counselor, a lion in the courtroom and a lamb with his clients. But above all, he must be a human being who understands every aspect of what it means to lose someone you love dearly.
Justice is not just something that occurs in a legal procedure. It is a process that involves a lot of questions, answers, guidance and support. We understand this process and we are there for you and your family throughout this process and beyond. Our mission is to fight for you and with you, and to preserve justice for the one whose memory will remain with you forever.
All states provide legal remedies for wrongful death cases. Anyone found to have negligently or carelessly caused the wrongful death of another can be held accountable for pain and suffering of the survivors, compensation for loss of earnings of the deceased, recovery of present and future financial losses due to the loved one’s death, reimbursement for burial and funeral expenses, reimbursement of medical expenses and other out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the death of a loved one. In the state of California, a wrongful death suit can be brought by, surviving spouse/children, parents or siblings, a domestic partner and anyone who is financially dependent on the deceased.
Common Causes for of Wrongful Death
Although there are many causes of wrongful death, the most common reasons include:
- Construction or workplace accidents
- Defective products (including defective pharmaceutical drugs)
- Vehicle wrecks
- Medical Malpractice
Financial Costs of a Wrongful Death Case
- Future earnings – Income the deceased would have earned if wrongful death had not occurred.
- Passing expenses – All costs associated with a passing (medical bills, funeral expenses).
- Retirement or pension – An untimely wrongful death can cut income from a retirement account.
- Inheritance – Inheritance benefits can be cut.
- Pain and Suffering – Your attorney will be able to secure you compensation for the victim and their loved ones for the pain and suffering they experienced.
- Punitive Damages – If the loss was caused from intentional acts or negligence, you will be eligible for financial compensation.
- Loss of companionship – You might be eligible for monetary compensation for the loss of companionship provided by your family member or friend.
Contact our Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyer
Personal injury lawyer Eric Ratinoff has over twenty years of experience in wrongful death claims in Sacramento and throughout the country which have resulted from many different types of intentional or negligent conduct. He has handled complex cases involving medical malpractice, defective products, construction accidents, birth injuries, motorcycle accidents, and major medical misdiagnosis of diseases such as cancer or HIV.
Our Sacramento personal injury attorneys also represent the survivors of loved ones who were lost due to defective medical devices or dangerous drugs that had undisclosed, harmful side effects. To learn more about Eric Ratinoff’s history of successfully resolving personal injury claims, please call our Sacramento office today for questions or a free case consultation. Fill out the form on this page or call us at (916) 970-9100.