Mountain View Fire
The Mountain View fire started on November 17, 2020, at approximately 12:15pm in Mono County, California. As of today’s date (December 1), the fire is 70% contained at 20,385 acres. The remaining 30% is under snow and confined to “ground fire,” meaning that only stumpoles and underground roots are actively burning, so it is expected… read moreRead More
Can Wildfires Still Happen During the Winter in CA?
Every year, thousands of wildfires ravage California, causing numerous injuries and deaths and billions of dollars in property damage. So far in 2019, the California Department of Forestry & Fire Protection has recorded 5,637 wildfires. Colder weather during the winter months in California does not eliminate the risk of wildfires. As a resident, you must… read moreRead More
Information Regarding the Kincade Fire
The Kincade Fire was the largest wildfire of the 2019 California wildfire season, burning nearly 78,000 acres in Sonoma County in nearly two weeks. Although the cause of the fire is still currently under investigation, the scope of the fire and its impact on the residents cannot be ignored. Details About the Kincade Fire The… read moreRead More
4 Emergency Evacuation Tips for a Wildfire
As a resident of California, emergency wildfire preparedness should be high on your list of priorities. From January 1st to November 17th, 2019, 5,458 wildfires erupted in California, burning across 128,301 acres. Wildfires in California have taken hundreds of lives, with the state’s deadliest fire occurring recently; the Camp Fire in 2018 caused 85 deaths…. read moreRead More
What Are the Causes of Wildfires in CA?
Wildfires are a terrifying reality for anyone living in California. Every year, wildfires destroy properties and take lives in the Golden State. In 2018, California experienced the most destructive wildfire season on record: 7,500 fires, 1.7 million acres burned, 93 lives lost and 23,314 structures destroyed. Humans are to blame for some of the worst… read moreRead More
Wildfire Emergency Safety Tips
California experiences thousands of wildfires every year. While most are minor, some have made history as the deadliest and most destructive wildfires in the world. 2018 was the most devastating year for wildfires in California’s history. Ninety-three victims lost their lives in wildfires. Eighty-five died in a single fire: the Northern California Camp Fire. Although… read moreRead More
Top 10 Pieces of Information Your Wildfire Lawyer Needs ASAP
Surviving a wildfire can lead to significant property losses, medical bills and personal injuries. While a wildfire lawsuit against PG&E cannot reverse these losses, it could help your family move forward with the financial assistance you need. You may feel overwhelmed by the amount of information a wildfire claim demands – especially with a claim-filing… read moreRead More
7 Steps to Filing a Wildfire Claim Against PG&E With the Bankruptcy Court
The Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E) filed for bankruptcy in January to restructure its finances. PG&E filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, meaning to reorganize its business affairs, assets and debts. The decision came after lawsuits against PG&E for contributing to multiple devastating wildfires in California. Now, a judge has given victims impacted by… read moreRead More
What’s the Difference Between Filing a Claim With the Emergency Wildfire Fund and Filing a Wildfire Claim Against PG&E With the Bankruptcy Court?
Investigators have tied the Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) utility company to several major wildfires in California over the last few years. These fires have damaged hundreds of thousands of acres of land, destroyed properties, caused serious injuries and taken lives. PG&E appears to have contributed to these fires through negligent power line maintenance and… read moreRead More
We Have Filed Our First Lawsuit Against PG&E
Pacific Gas & Electric is one of the largest utility providers in California, and the company now faces tremendous legal trouble for their role in several recent wildfires in California, caused by their faulty equipment and poor maintenance standards. Although the cause of the most recent Camp Fire remains unknown, it is highly likely that… read moreRead More