What Are Your Legal Options After Being Injured at a Bar in California?
Going out to the bar for drinks is a common way to have fun with friends on the weekends in California. However, a fun night out can quickly become a nightmare if you are injured at a bar due to the negligence or misconduct of others. If you suffered damages, you may seek legal recourse through a personal injury claim with the help of a personal injury lawyer.
Your health and safety should be your priority after an injury at a bar. Seek medical attention, even if you think your injuries are minor. Report the incident to the bar’s management and/or law enforcement as soon as possible to create an official record of what happened. At Eric Ratinoff Law Corp., we can investigate the details of your case, gather necessary evidence, and build a strong case to recover the compensation you deserve.
Proving Negligence in a Bar Accident in California
To obtain a successful outcome in a personal injury claim in California, you must prove that the liable party acted with unreasonable care, resulting in your injuries. A California personal injury lawyer can prove the following elements of negligence to build a strong case on your behalf:
- Duty of care: The bar owner/operator or patron is legally obligated to exercise reasonable care to prevent harm to the victim, such as providing adequate security, maintaining the property, and preventing dangerous situations.
- Breach of duty: The liable party breached their duty of care by failing to take reasonable precautions or acting negligently.
- Causation: The liable party’s breach of duty caused your injuries, meaning that you would not have been injured but for their actions or inactions.
- Damages: You suffered actual damages, such as physical injuries, medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses due to the liable party’s negligence.
To establish these elements, you must provide evidence such as:
- Eyewitness testimony: Statements from witnesses who saw what happened and can describe the liable party’s actions and inactions.
- Surveillance footage: Video footage from security cameras or other sources that show what happened and who was involved.
- Medical records: Documentation of your injuries, treatments, and expenses that can demonstrate the severity and extent of your suffering.
- Expert testimony: Testimony from professionals such as physicians, engineers, or safety experts who can explain how the liable party’s actions or inactions breached the duty of care.
- Police report: Official reports from law enforcement who responded to the incident and documented what happened.
It is essential to work with a highly qualified personal injury lawyer who can gather and present evidence effectively and navigate the legal process so you can focus on your recovery.
Who Can Be Liable for Bar Injuries?
To recover compensation for your bar accident damages, you need to establish which one or more parties were responsible for the harm you suffered. In the case of bar injury, the following parties may be liable:
- The bar owner or operator
- The bartender or server
- Other patrons
At Eric Ratinoff Law Corp., we are seasoned trial lawyers that can establish liability in your bar accident claim by using our unique approach to storytelling to frame your case in the right way from day one.
Contact the Highly Qualified Lawyers at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp.
Being injured at a bar in California can have lasting consequences for your health, financial well-being, and quality of life. At Eric Ratinoff Law Corp., we can help you understand your legal options to recover compensation for the injuries you suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence or misconduct.
Attorney Eric Ratinoff offers outstanding legal representation and fights for you at every step of the legal process. Schedule a free consultation by calling (916) 970-9100 or filling out our contact form.