Carmichael Car Accident Lawyer
As in most California cities, residents of Carmichael, California are no strangers to witnessing car accidents. Unfortunately, those injured in car accidents often suffer severe, life-altering complications. Sometimes these personal injuries are caused by unforeseeable circumstances. But sometimes they are caused by another individual’s reckless actions behind the wheel. Victims and their families may quickly become overwhelmed by medical bills and other related expenses after an accident. If you have been injured in a car accident, an experienced Carmichael car accident attorney from Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. may be able to help you recover monetary compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial damages.
At our firm, we are committed to fighting for accident victims’ rights and helping them pursue justice for their injuries and other losses. Attorney Ratinoff has almost 30 years of experience helping car accident victims in Carmichael and the surrounding areas pursue justice and hold drivers fully accountable for their negligence.
Types of Car Accidents We Handle in Carmichael
While every car accident has unique causes and complications, many fall under similar categories. Some common car accidents we handle in Carmichael include the following:
- Head-on collisions: A head-on collision occurs when the front end of one vehicle crashes into another. These collisions are often caused by wrong-way drivers and may result in severe injuries.
- T-bone collisions: Two vehicles may make a “T” shape when the front end of one vehicle collides with the side of another. T-bone accidents typically occur at high speeds and may be deadly for drivers and passengers alike.
- Rear-end collisions: These common accidents arise when the front-end of one vehicle collides with the rear-end of another. Typically, rear-end accidents are caused by distracted driving.
- Multi-car collisions: Multi-car collisions or “pile-ups” involve more than two vehicles crashing into one another in a chain reaction. These accidents are often caused by poor weather conditions such as slick roads or poor visibility.
The types of accidents above, among others, may leave those affected with severe injuries and lifelong complications. These injuries may also have other consequences, such as emotional trauma and financial burdens. Fortunately, a talented Carmichael car accident lawyer can help car accident victims in Carmichael pursue compensation for the damages they have suffered.
Proving Liability Following a Car Accident
Like the majority of states, California follows at-fault insurance laws. In other words, those injured in car accidents have the legal right to pursue compensation from the negligent driver. However, to receive compensation, your claim must meet specific standards of proof. A Carmichael car accident attorney can help you gather evidence and build a strong claim to help you prove the following elements:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care
- The other driver violated the duty of care by engaging in careless or reckless behavior
- The other driver’s breach of duty directly caused your accident
- The accident caused you to suffer injuries and other damages
Every driver in California owes others on the road a responsibility to act reasonably and responsibly to avoid causing injuries. If the other driver breached the duty of care, causing your accident and subsequent damages, you might be entitled to compensation for the losses you have endured.
How Carmichael Car Accident Lawyers at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. Help People Like You
Individuals injured in car accidents often accept the first settlement offer from the insurance company. Many accident victims assume the insurance company has their best interests at heart. Sometimes the victim simply needs money now and the amount offered seems sufficient to meet their immediate needs. However, insurance companies frequently offer those injured in car accidents the lowest amount possible for their injuries. The amount being offered may appear sufficient, but the initial offers made by insurance companies are rarely enough to make a person whole, especially when considering pain, suffering, and future medical needs that may not be immediately apparent.
Before signing a settlement, speak to an experienced attorney. Your attorney can help you protect the total value of your claim in the following ways:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into your claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf
- Establishing liability for your accident
- Organizing your medical bills and accident-related receipts
- Illustrating the full impact of the accident on your daily life
- Calculating potential future medical or caregiving needs
- Filing all paperwork correctly and on time
- Protecting your rights and interests through every step of the legal process
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Connecting you with resources to help you along your road to recovery
- Keeping you informed and answering your legal questions
At Eric Ratinoff Law Corp., we understand the emotional toll that comes with the aftermath of a car accident. We make the legal process as straightforward as possible as we aggressively protect your rights and interests.
Contact a Knowledgeable Car Accident Attorney in Carmichael Today
When you partner with the skilled attorneys at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp., you can have peace of mind that we will advocate for your rights and interests through every step of the complex claims process. Attorney Ratinoff has nearly 30 years of experience fighting for his client’s rights and helping them recover compensation for their injuries. Our Carmichael car accident lawyers take a personalized approach to each accident claim so that each client’s unique needs are addressed with care. To schedule a free consultation with a member of our trusted legal team, call us at (916) 970-9100 or complete our contact form today.