Sacramento Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
In Sacramento, there are serious criminal consequences for those convicted of a DUI, such as lengthy imprisonment, high fines, license revocation, probation, or the requirement to drive with an ignition interlock device. These penalties serve as deterrents and punishments for first-time and repeat DUI offenders. But what about their victims?
Victims of drunk driving accidents suffer immeasurably from the negligent actions of one person who chose to drive while intoxicated. While no sum of money can replace what a victim of drunk driving has lost, financial compensation is a necessary component for their recovery. Victims of drunk driving have the legal right to seek compensation for losses sustained in a drunk driving accident, including medical expenses, disability, lost wages, property damage, and emotional suffering.
If you were harmed in a drunk driving accident and sustained significant physical, emotional, and financial hardships, speak with the experienced Sacramento drunk driving accident lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. to find out your rights to recovery. We will fight to hold the negligent party wholly accountable for their careless actions.
How Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. Can Help Your Sacramento Drunk Driving Accident Claim
Drunk driving accidents are highly traumatic. At Eric Ratinoff Law Corp., we will not only help you to receive the just, maximum compensation you are owed for your injuries, but also connect you with the resources and care you need to recover.
We handle all aspects of your drunk driving accident claim, including the following:
- Working with experts to testify on the extent of your injuries, describing the devastating effect they may have on your daily life, and helping apply a monetary value to the damages you’ve endured.
- Utilizing strategic graphics to help in the visual representation of the suffering you have experienced due to someone else’s negligence.
- Implementing medical imaging of your injuries to show the extent of your physical injuries and to serve as objective evidence in your claim.
- Recreating your story with the help of graphic storyboards and motion graphics to illustrate the key details of the drunk driving accident and establish liability.
- Employing micro-documentaries for a detailed and heartfelt portrayal of how your injuries and other losses have affected your life.
We are dedicated to providing personalized representation to achieve the fair, maximum compensation you deserve for the suffering you have endured. At Eric Ratinoff Law Corp., we have recovered millions in settlements and verdicts, earning us an outstanding track record of success. We fight for the justice you deserve.
Liability in a Sacramento Drunk Driving Accident
If you experienced a Sacramento drunk driving accident, the intoxicated driver may be liable for their negligence for getting behind the wheel impaired. However, as with any personal injury claim, the burden of proof is on the victim to prove that negligence contributed to the accident and your injuries.
The following are the elements of negligence needed to successfully prove liability in a Sacramento drunk driving accident claim:
- Lawful duty of care: The negligent driver owed you a reasonable duty of care, such as following traffic laws and driving with due care.
- Violation of lawful duty of care: The negligent driver violated their lawful duty of care by operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated over the legal limit, endangering other drivers.
- Injury directly caused by lack of duty of care: The injuries you have suffered were directly caused by the lack of reasonable duty of care, and prudent drivers in an identical circumstance would not have acted similarly.
- You suffered damages: You must prove that you have sustained significant damages due to the negligent driver’s lack of duty of care, which includes losses such as medical expenses, lost wages, property damages, emotional suffering, disability, or other losses.
Retaining the help of an experienced drunk driving accident lawyer in Sacramento will greatly advance your car accident claim. At Eric Ratinoff Law Corp., we conduct detailed investigations, evaluate evidence to determine liability, and build strategic claims for the people we represent. Contact us today to discuss your potential claim.
Damages You May Recover in a Sacramento Drunk Driving Accident
The monetary value of your damages is dependent on the extent of your injuries, the degree of negligence of the liable driver, and other considerations.
You may be able to recover the following damages with the help of a skilled Sacramento drunk driving accident attorney:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost present and future income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
At Eric Ratinoff Law Corp., our primary goal is to recover maximum compensation on our clients’ behalf and hold the other party accountable for their careless actions. Above and beyond, we connect you with the resources and care you need to recover.
Speak With an Experienced Sacramento Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp.
If you have endured significant injuries in a drunk driving accident in Sacramento, speak with an experienced drunk driving accident attorney at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. for an assessment of your claim. We understand that DUI accidents may be traumatic and cause lasting harm to victims and their families. With 30 years of experience and millions of dollars recovered in settlements and verdicts for victims impacted by negligence, we will fight for you every step so you may obtain the justice you deserve.
Schedule a complimentary consultation with a skilled Sacramento drunk driving accident lawyer by calling us at (916) 970-9100 or filling out our contact form.