Santa Rosa Car Accident Lawyers
Going out for a drive on the palm-lined roads of Santa Rosa, California, should be a peaceful and enjoyable way to spend your time. But with California being the site of thousands of car accidents each year, about 3,300 of which are fatal, a car accident can happen to anyone. It can strike when you least expect it and devastate your life.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Santa Rosa car accident, you have likely suffered damages due to the incident. If you are considering filing a personal injury claim to seek out compensation, you will need to speak with an experienced car accident injury lawyer to help you build your claim. Eric Ratinoff of Eric Ratinoff Law Corp has over 20 years of experience helping victims of car accidents in Santa Rosa. An award-winning injury attorney, Eric Ratinoff, will walk you through the process of achieving the maximum compensation for your damages.
Common Causes of Santa Rosa Car Accidents
A car accident can occur for several reasons. Being aware of what may cause an accident can help you stay alert and know what to look out for when you are out on the roads. The most common causes of Santa Rosa car accidents are:
- Distracted Driving: Whether a driver is texting, switching a song, or taking a bite of food, distracted driving is hazardous and one of the main causes of car accidents. Taking your eyes off the road for even a second can be detrimental. Remember to stay alert and attentive whenever you operate a motor vehicle.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal and extremely dangerous. If you plan to have a few drinks, never get behind the wheel of a car. You are putting both your life and the lives of others at risk.
- Speeding: Many people speed without realizing how hazardous it truly is. Speeding can minimize your time to react to road hazards, and it can also cause a driver to lose control of the vehicle. Be sure to abide by speed limits when out on the roads.
- Improper Turns: When driving, it is essential to be aware of traffic signs, turn signals, and turning lanes. Drive cooperatively and use your turn signals so that other drivers can respond appropriately.
- Aggressive Driving: Commonly referred to as “road rage,” driving aggressively can cloud a driver’s judgment and cause an accident. Remember that a moment of anger can cost you your life when driving, so it is best to safely continue and ignore a driver that could cause you to become aggressive.
No matter the cause of a car accident, you deserve to be compensated. Hiring an experienced car accident injury lawyer like Eric Ratinoff can help you prove negligence on behalf of the at-fault party as you build your case.
What Are Common Injuries Resulting from Car Accidents?
After being involved in a car accident, you will likely suffer from some form of injury. It’s critical that you seek medical care, regardless of how you feel immediately after the collision. Injuries often take days to manifest symptoms, so you should always get checked out sooner than later. Your medical record will also be an important document for achieving compensation. No matter how minor or severe the injury, you should be compensated for the damages. Some common injuries that occur as a result of car accidents are:
- Broken bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries or paralysis
- Back injuries
- Limb loss
- Internal injuries
If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident, Eric Ratinoff can provide the specialized care needed to handle an injury claim. As you recover from your injuries, Eric Ratinoff Law Corp will recover the information needed to prove the at-fault driver’s negligence.
What Car Accident Damages Could You Seek Compensation For?
If you have suffered car accident injuries due to another driver’s negligence, you should not have to pay for damages that were not your fault. The following are common damages that you may be eligible to seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Property damage
An experienced car accident injury attorney will be able to help you build your injury claim as you seek compensation from aggressive insurance companies.
Santa Rosa Car Accident Injury Lawyer Can Help with Your Claim
Getting into a car accident can leave you feeling anxious and lost, wondering what to do next. While the situation may feel hopeless as you face mounting medical bills, know that with the help of an experienced car accident injury attorney, you do not have to go through the claims process on your own.
The Santa Rosa personal injury attorneys at Eric Ratinoff Law offer excellent legal representation to Santa Rosa victims of car accidents. Bringing over 25 years of experience, you can be assured that no detail will be left untouched in your injury case. For a free consultation, call (916) 970-9100 or contact us here.