Stockton Car Accident Attorneys
Although driving or riding in a motor vehicle is one of the most dangerous things we can do, it is still our primary means of getting from A to B in the United States. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, over 3,000 people die in car accidents every year in California alone. Regardless of whether someone else’s negligence caused the accident, survivors of car crashes are commonly left with injuries, motor vehicle repairs, and mental trauma to deal with.
Attorney Eric J. Ratinoff is a trusted car accident lawyer for injured people in Stockton. When you partner with Eric Ratinoff Law Corp, we will take all steps possible to make sure the driver and all others involved are held responsible for the damages they have caused you.
Types of Damages You Could Recover for a Stockton, California Car Accident
Several damages need to be accounted for when you are seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident. You can pinpoint what damages you have suffered and what losses you will experience in the foreseeable future by consulting with an experienced California car accident lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp.
You may be entitled to claim economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Expenses for medical and emergency care
- Future rehabilitation and treatment costs
- Lost wages
- Future loss of wages
- Property damage
- Rental car costs
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional anguish
- Funeral costs
- Loss of consortium
In cases of wrongful death, an insurance company may send you a letter offering you compensation for your losses. No matter how high this offer may seem, do not sign the letter in acceptance of the offer. Should you choose to accept their offer, you will absolve any rights you had to file suit for the accident, which would leave you unprotected.
Uninsured/Underinsured Accident Lawyer
California’s minimum liability insurance requirements ideally cover accident losses for victims injured in a collision caused by someone else’s negligence. Unfortunately, over 16% of drivers do not hold insurance, according to Insurance Research Council (IRC). If you are injured in a vehicle collision with an underinsured or uninsured driver, it may seem impossible to recover the compensation you need for recovery.
To legally operate a vehicle in California, drivers must possess the minimum amount of insurance coverage:
- $15,000 for one individual’s injuries
- $30,000 for multiple individuals’ injuries
- $5,000 for property damage
Underinsured and uninsured drivers put others at risk by opting to drive without adequate insurance coverage. However, you can opt to invest in personal underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage as a precaution to protect yourself from the financial consequences of an accident.
Taking Legal Action After an Uninsured/Underinsured Accident
Fortunately, you have legal rights and options if you have suffered injuries due to another driver’s negligence who doesn’t carry insurance or is underinsured. Through a personal injury claim, you can hold them accountable for your injuries and damages, using evidence such as pictures and videos of the accident, eyewitness statements, and medical records.
Working with a highly qualified car accident lawyer can be an invaluable asset to pursuing the justice you deserve if a negligent driver fails to obtain the necessary coverage to recover losses. We can negotiate with insurance companies, fight for the compensation you deserve, and guide you through the legal process.
How Can a Stockton Car Accident Lawyer Help You Recover Compensation in California?
If you have been a victim of a motor vehicle crash in the Stockton area, you may wonder how hiring a car accident attorney could benefit you. At Eric Ratinoff Law Corp, we help our clients by providing outstanding legal representation, and by:
- Helping to recover both economic and non-economic damages. Losses sustained from motor vehicle crashes usually extend much further than medical bills and vehicle repairs. A lawyer may be able to help award you compensation for non-economic damages like mental distress, pain and suffering, and loss of companionship.
- Allowing you more time to focus on recovery. Your attorney will handle all communications and negotiations with the other party and do all of the planning to take the case to court if needed — saving victims time and stress.
- Providing legal knowledge. Legal processes are overwhelming, but an experienced lawyer will be able to answer any questions you may have and guide you through the process step-by-step.
- Identifying any hidden damages. Not all damage sustained in a crash is immediately apparent. Your lawyer may be able to start piecing your case together and ensure that you are fairly compensated for any underlying medical issues such as whiplash or underlying property damage.
- Helping collect evidence. Your lawyer will begin conducting an investigation into the accident as soon as possible, gathering any evidence that may be useful and working to prove liability for the crash. If needed, your attorney may call an accident reconstruction specialist to come in and recreate the crash to determine what happened. These specialists are trained in accident reconstruction engineering and physics.
During our years of experience, we have handled numerous car accident cases, and we have learned that no two are alike. No matter what kind of motor vehicle accident you have suffered, our experienced legal team is prepared to handle your case.
Protect Your Interests with an Experienced Stockton, California Car Accident Attorney
The Stockton personal injury lawyers at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. are equipped with the experience and resources needed to conduct a comprehensive investigation into the cause of your motor vehicle accident. As part of our investigation, our team will review records and logbooks, witness reports, and expert testimony to determine what party (or parties) could be responsible. To schedule a free consultation with a Stockton car accident attorney, call us today at (916) 970-9100 or complete our contact form to request more information about your legal options.