Vallejo Car Accident Lawyer
Whenever a person gets behind the wheel of a car, safe driving habits are a must. However, no matter how safe a person is on the road, they may still fall victim to a car accident if a negligent driver is involved. It has been reported that there are approximately 3,700 car accident-related deaths that occur each year in the United States. Car accidents occur when least expected, leaving victims with damaging and sometimes fatal injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you may be owed financial compensation for your losses. To get help with your claim, a Vallejo car accident attorney may be able to help.
Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. is a car accident law firm with extensive experience providing excellent legal representation for residents of Vallejo, California. Attorney Eric Ratinoff has a track record of obtaining outstanding results in the California legal system for over 25 years. The car accident claims process can be overwhelming, which is why it is crucial that you do not try to get through this challenging time alone. Attorney Eric Ratinoff has the knowledge and resources to provide clients with the trusted legal service they deserve.
Essential Steps to Take After a Vallejo Car Accident
Following a damaging car accident, it is normal for victims to feel overwhelmed and confused as they adjust to what has just happened. It can be difficult for car accident victims to know what to do next following a crash, but the following steps are crucial to ensuring their safety and well-being:
- Call Emergency Services: You should not wait for anyone else at the accident scene to call emergency services. Police and emergency medical services, if necessary, must be present on the scene to provide necessary assistance.
- Check For Injuries: Check yourself and any passengers for serious injuries.
- Get Evidence: Take photos and videos of the accident scene, property damage, and visible injuries.
- Get Witness Testimonies: If any witnesses approach you, ask if they would provide you with their contact information and a brief statement of what they saw occur.
- Get Driver Information: It is critical that you get the contact and insurance information for the driver who hit you. However, remember never to discuss who was at fault for the accident when speaking with them.
- Give Your Information: Give your information to the official police report and inquire about how you can retrieve a copy of the report once it has been completed. Make an honest statement about what you experienced but try to avoid making any assumptions about how you may have contributed to the cause of the accident. Remember that this will be recorded for both sides and may be used against you in a potential lawsuit.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if your injuries do not seem severe at the time, it is crucial that you seek medical attention following a car accident.
In addition to these steps, it is vital that you seek the help of an experienced Vallejo car accident lawyer to protect your legal rights.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accident victims may suffer a wide range of injuries after being hit by a negligent driver. From minor to severe, some of the most common injuries suffered by car accident victims include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Lung injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Crushed limbs
- Loss of limbs
- Cuts or lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Victims can file personal injury claims for physical, emotional, or psychological injuries. No matter the severity of your injuries, if you or a loved one has been hurt due to a negligent driver, you deserve to receive financial compensation for your losses.
What Damages Can You Collect from a Car Accident Claim?
In California, when a driver is injured in a car accident caused by a negligent driver, the victim has the legal right to file a car accident claim. A car accident claim allows victims to pursue financial compensation for their losses in the form of damages. The damages that you may be eligible to collect include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
If you are unsure of what damages you may be eligible for, a knowledgeable car accident attorney may be able to help by going over the details of your claim. It’s important to note that you have a limited amount of time following your injury to file a claim, so do not wait. Contact an experienced Vallejo car accident lawyer today.
Get Help from a Vallejo Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents can occur when they are least expected, leaving victims with life-altering injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a negligent driver, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. To get help with your car accident claim, contact a Vallejo car accident lawyer for help.
Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. is a Vallejo, car accident law firm with over 25 years of experience helping clients pursue the justice they are owed. Vallejo personal injury attorney Eric Ratinoff is passionate about providing excellent legal representation to people throughout California who were injured due to someone else’s negligent or careless behavior. To schedule a free consultation, fill out the online contact form or call (916) 970-9100.