Sacramento Burn Injury Lawyer
The Sacramento burn injury lawyers at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. provide representation for you during your burn injury insurance settlement negotiations or personal injury lawsuit. Our personal injury attorneys are heavily committed to every client’s future and wellbeing. They achieve outstanding results for clients through aggressive legal strategies, open communication, and a passion for justice. If you want a lawyer who will fight tirelessly on your behalf, trust our firm with your burn injury case.
Burn injuries can arise at work, at home, or in a vehicle accident. Serious burns can damage and destroy layers of the skin and underlying muscle tissue, causing permanent disabilities and disfigurement. Many burn survivors suffer post-traumatic stress and psychological effects from their accidents. If someone else negligently caused your burn injuries, you may be able to secure compensation for your damages.
- 1 Why Choose Our Sacramento Burn Injury Attorneys?
- 2 Information about Common Burn Injuries
- 3 What to Do after a Sacramento Burn Injury
- 4 Complications May Arise Due to Burn Injuries
- 5 Request a Free Consultation with Our Burn Injury Lawyers in Sacramento Today
Why Choose Our Sacramento Burn Injury Attorneys?
Eric Ratinoff has been named a Northern California “Super Lawyer” for over ten consecutive years and maintains an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He has won numerous awards and recognition for his accomplishments as a personal injury attorney, including “Sacramento Magazine Top Lawyers” the last seven years in a row and “National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers.” Eric and his team have earned statewide and national recognition for the results they have obtained for injured plaintiffs. After a burn injury, you need a Sacramento burn injury attorney with proven success rates. You need Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. of Sacramento.
Information about Common Burn Injuries
The nature of a burn injury often means permanent scars for survivors. Unless the victim suffers a first-degree burn, the odds are high that he or she will have permanent damage or disfigurement from the burns. This is especially worrisome when a burn injury affects the face or other highly visible areas. The most severe burns may require skin grafts or amputation of limbs. Sometimes infections after the initial burn injury culminate in the need for amputation.
There are four types of burn injuries:
The most common causes of burn injuries are fires, steam, hot objects, electricity, and acidic chemicals. Medical professionals classify burns depending on the severity. Below are the three categories.
First degree burns are the mildest of burns and only affects the outer layer of the skin. These burns happen due to momentary contact with hot surfaces like stovetops. Symptoms include redness of the skin, pain, and possible temporary scarring.
Second degree burns are more severe, affect deeper into the epidermis and extend into the dermis. These burns happen due to exposure to hot liquids such as boiling water or touching an iron. Most second degree burns cause blisters, swelling, pain, redness, and sometimes scarring.
Third degree burns are the most severe. These burns extend through the dermis and damage the tissue underneath. Skin can be charred, turn white, or become numb if nerves become damaged. Most severe burns that result in lawsuits occur from fires or electrical shock.
What to Do after a Sacramento Burn Injury
The steps you take after sustaining a burn injury can determine whether you receive compensation for your hospital bills, lost income, physical pain, and emotional suffering through a personal injury claim. Visit a medic immediately after any type of burn injury to gauge the severity of the burn and receive necessary treatment. Keep copies of your medical records and follow your doctor’s treatment plan exactly.
No matter what circumstances caused your burns, start collecting information, including:
- Names and contact information of everyone involved
- Eyewitness names and phone numbers
- Photographs of the scene of the incident and your injuries
- Police or accident report number
- Costs of treatment, transportation, lost wages, etc.
The more you know about your case, the easier it will be to obtain fair and full compensation for your damages. Once you’re able to discuss your case with a professional, contact our firm and request a free accident case evaluation.
Complications May Arise Due to Burn Injuries
Burns can be complicated injuries to heal. Some burns don’t heal uniformly and require more extensive medical attention. Some complications victims can experience include:
- Scars: Burns can cause scarring and contraction of the skin. They may require grafting or surgery. Skin grafts can potentially fail, adding to further complications and the cost of treatment.
- Fragile skin: Skin may not entirely recover from damage and may become thin. This can cause the skin to be susceptible to further damage.
- Infection: Infection can be caused by bacteria, and could lead to sepsis if the infection spreads to the bloodstream. Infections can also result in organ failure.
- Breathing problems: Burn injuries resulting from fires may damage the lungs as well, resulting in the victim having breathing problems from smoke inhalation. This type of complication requires lung therapy to heal lung damage.
- Bone and joint problems: The contraction and scarring of the skin can affect tendons and ligaments. This can lead to issues with joint movement.
- Psychological damage: Victims often experience lasting psychological and emotional damage following their burn accident.
Our Sacramento burn injury attorneys can visit you in your home or the hospital if you can’t make it to our Sacramento law office. Speaking with a lawyer can help you build a solid claim to help you recoup some of the emotional and financial damages you’ve experienced. Initial consultations are always free and confidential.
Request a Free Consultation with Our Burn Injury Lawyers in Sacramento Today
Don’t wait. Discover your potential to file a burn injury claim and obtain financial compensation for damages today. The seasoned burn injury attorneys at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. provide outstanding representation, thorough claim investigation, and can help you navigate the legal complexities to help you recoup compensation from your burn injury losses.
With over 25 years of experience aiding injured people in Sacramento, Eric Ratinoff is passionate about achieving justice for your burn injuries. Fill out our contact form or call (916) 970-9100 to speak to an experienced, knowledgeable, and friendly team member at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. about your claim.