Citrus Heights Personal Injury Lawyers
A personal injury accident can happen anywhere when least expected. A personal injury accident is any accident caused by a negligent person or entity that leaves victims with physical, emotional, or psychological injuries. After an accident leaves a person injured, they have the legal right to file a personal injury claim. A personal injury claim allows victims the opportunity to pursue financial compensation for the injuries and losses they have suffered.
If you or a family member has been involved in a personal injury accident, contact a Citrus Heights personal injury lawyer to get help with your claim.
Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. is a personal injury law firm in California with over 25 years of experience helping people who have been injured in an accident caused by another party’s negligence. Attorney Eric Ratinoff understands that accident victims are going through a difficult time as they try to heal. Eric and his team work hard to obtain the resources their clients need to make as complete a recovery as possible. Their goal is to ensure their personal injury clients can simply focus on getting better.
- 1 What Are the Most Common Personal Injury Accidents in Citrus Heights?
- 2 What Are Common Personal Injuries?
- 3 Damages You May Be Eligible to Collect from a Personal Injury Claim
- 4 Contact a Citrus Heights Personal Injury Lawyer
What Are the Most Common Personal Injury Accidents in Citrus Heights?
An accident can occur anywhere, even in a place where you may normally feel safe. Whenever another person or entity is acting negligently, accidents can happen. Some of the most common accidents that lead to personal injury claims include:
Car accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury accidents. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Driving while under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Driving while drowsy
- Reckless driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Disobeying traffic signs and signals
It’s important to get a medical check-up after an accident, even if you believe you were not injured. Sometimes a person doesn’t know they were injured until days and even weeks after a collision. You should always schedule an appointment with your medical care provider after a car accident.
Slip and Fall Accidents
While a slip and fall may not seem like a serious accident, victims can be left with severe or life-threatening injuries. These accidents may occur as a result of a slippery floor or a cracked sidewalk.
When a medical professional like a doctor or nurse acts negligently, they are putting their patients at risk of suffering damaging injuries as a result.
Employers have a duty of care to provide a reasonably safe work environment. However, employees may still fall injured while working if their employer or another employee acts negligently. Sometimes employers provide defective products or machinery, and sometimes there are third parties on site that cause work-related accidents. In these cases, a personal injury lawyer can help recover compensation for injuries suffered while on the job.
Dog Bite Accidents
Whether or not the dog’s owner was aware that the dog had an aggressive side to them, the owner is liable for the injury suffered by the victim.
What Are Common Personal Injuries?
When another person’s negligence results in an accident, the victims involved may be left with extensive injuries. While some injuries may be more severe than others, it is important that you go seek medical attention after being involved in an accident. Some of the most common personal injuries include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Severe burns
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken or fractured bones
- Crushed limbs
- Loss of limbs
- Internal injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
If you have been injured as a result of another person’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries.
Damages You May Be Eligible to Collect from a Personal Injury Claim
When a person files a personal injury claim, they are pursuing their right to financial compensation for the injuries they have sustained as a result of another party’s negligent acts. The damages that you may be eligible to collect after a personal injury accident include:
- Medical Expenses: Being injured can result in costly expenses. Medical expenses may include doctor visits, surgeries, special medical equipment, and medications.
- Lost Wages: When a person is injured in an accident, they may be unable to work as a result. They should be compensated for all present and future wages they may lose out on as a result of their injuries and recovery process.
- Property Damage: Depending on the nature of the accident, victims may have property like a car or bicycle damaged during the accident. If that is the case, the cost to repair or replace property can be expensive and should be compensated.
- Pain and Suffering: An accident victim should be compensated for the physical, emotional, and psychological injuries they have suffered. This includes post-traumatic stress, depression, or embarrassment over disfigurement or cognitive difficulties the injury may have caused.
If you are unsure of what damages you are eligible to collect, a personal injury lawyer may be able to help by going over the details of your claim.
Contact a Citrus Heights Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been in an accident caused by another person’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. To get help with your personal injury claim, contact a Citrus Heights personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. is a personal injury law firm with over 25 years of experience helping clients with personal injury claims in California. Eric Ratinoff dedicates his practice to helping injured people pursue the maximum financial compensation they are owed. To schedule a free consultation, contact us here or call (916) 970-9100.