Elk Grove Personal Injury Lawyer
No matter how safe a person tries to be, accidents can happen unexpectedly. Personal injury accidents often occur as a result of another person’s or entity’s negligent actions. In the United States, about 400,000 personal injury claims are filed each year. When negligence leads to an injury-causing accident, the victim may be owed financial compensation in the form of damages. If you or a loved one have been injured in a personal injury accident, you should partner with a personal injury lawyer who is experienced in helping victims in Elk Grove, California.
Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. is a Sacramento personal injury law firm that fights for people who have been injured by someone else’s careless or negligent behavior. They provide representation for victims of personal injury accidents in Elk Grove, as well as all the major surrounding areas of Sacramento, and throughout California. Attorney Ratinoff has over 25 years of experience and a strong track record of obtaining maximum financial compensation for his personal injury clients. It can be challenging to navigate the California claims process, but Attorney Eric Ratinoff is dedicated to providing his clients with personal attention and skilled legal counsel.
- 1 What Are Common Elk Grove Personal Injury Claims?
- 2 What Are the Most Common Personal Injuries?
- 3 Can You Collect Damages for a Personal Injury Claim?
- 4 Partner with an Elk Grove Personal Injury Lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp.
What Are Common Elk Grove Personal Injury Claims?
A personal injury claim can stem from any accident in which someone’s carelessness or negligence caused another person to be injured. Some of the most common personal injury claims include:
Car accidents are one of the leading types of personal injury claims. Car accidents can be caused in many different ways, but some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
- Driving while drowsy
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Inexperienced drivers
Car accidents can be highly damaging, and even deadly, for the victims involved.
Slip and Fall Accidents
While a slip and fall may not seem serious, this type of accident may result in severe injuries. Negligence can lead to a slip and fall accident under the following circumstances:
- A wet floor with no caution sign
- A broken or cracked sidewalk that has not been repaired
- A slippery walkway that was not adequately cleaned up.
While these are just a few examples, there are many other ways a slip and fall accident may occur.
When a doctor or other medical professional acts negligently, they potentially can be held liable for any injuries or conditions that the victim suffers as a result of the negligence.
Whether you work in an office building or at a construction site, a workplace accident could occur if your employer or third party (for example, an equipment manufacturer) is negligent. This could leave you severely injured.
Dogs are known to be man’s best friend, but these animals can become violent. If an owner is aware of a dog’s violent nature and the dog bites someone, the dog’s owner could be held liable for the victim’s injury.
If you have suffered a personal injury of any kind, you should consider speaking to an attorney about pursuing compensation for your damages.
What Are the Most Common Personal Injuries?
When someone suffers a personal injury due to an accident, their injuries may vary in severity. Regardless of the severity, it is crucial that victims seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some of the most common personal injuries include:
- Head injuries, concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Crushed limbs
- Loss of limbs
- Severe burns
- Cuts and lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
If you live in Elk Grove, California, and have been injured in a personal injury accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer near you. An attorney may be able to help you pursue the financial compensation you are owed for the losses you have suffered.
Can You Collect Damages for a Personal Injury Claim?
When a person is injured due to another’s negligent acts, the victim may be entitled to receive financial compensation in the form of damages. The damages that you may be eligible to collect may include:
- Medical expenses: When a person is injured in an accident, they may have expensive medical bills that add up as they try to heal.
- Lost wages: After a person is injured in an accident, they may be unable to work. The victim should be compensated for all past, present, and future wages they will not be able to earn as a result of their injury.
- Property damage: After a personal injury accident occurs, the victim should be compensated for any property damage, such as a totaled car or broken bicycle.
- Pain and suffering: Accident victims should be compensated for any physical or psychological pain and suffering they have endured as a result of their injuries.
If you are unsure of what damages you may be eligible to receive, a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer may be able to help you.
Partner with an Elk Grove Personal Injury Lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp.
If you or a loved one have been personally injured due to another’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive financial compensation for the losses you have suffered. For help with your claim, partner with an Elk Grove personal injury lawyer.
Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. is a personal injury law firm with over twenty-five years of experience helping clients secure financial compensation for their personal injury claims. Attorney Eric Ratinoff provides his clients with the award-winning service and dedicated representation they deserve. Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. will help you get through this difficult time as you seek justice for your injuries. To schedule a free consultation, contact us here or call (916) 970-9100.