Elk Grove Car Accident Lawyers
Each year, there are over six million car accidents reported across the United States. Even the safest drivers may fall victim to a car accident when another driver acts negligently. All car accidents are serious, from rear end collisions to rollover accidents. If you or a loved one have been injured in an Elk Grove car accident, you may be owed financial compensation for any losses you have suffered. If you would like help building your car accident claim, contact an Elk Grove car accident lawyer.
Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. is an Elk Grove, California, law firm that has experience helping clients who have been injured in car accidents. Attorney Eric Ratinoff understands that recovering from a car accident can be a difficult time for clients as they heal from their injuries. That is why it is essential to employ a knowledgeable car accident lawyer who can help you navigate the California legal system. Attorney Eric Ratinoff can take the stress out of your recovery by fighting for your legal right to financial compensation.
Important Steps to Take After an Elk Grove Car Accident
Immediately following a car accident, victims may feel dazed and overwhelmed as they try to understand what they should do next. The following steps are crucial to ensure your health and safety after a damaging accident:
- Call emergency services: You should not rely on the other driver or witnesses to make this call. It is crucial that emergency services, such as law enforcement and an ambulance, arrive at the accident scene.
- Check for injuries: Check yourself and any passengers for any severe injuries that may require immediate medical attention or prevent you from getting out of your vehicle.
- Gather evidence: If you can move, you should get out of your vehicle and take photos and videos of the accident scene, property damage, and any visible injuries you may have suffered.
- Obtain witness statements: If any witnesses approach you, ask them if they feel comfortable providing you with a brief statement and their contact information.
- Collect contact information from the other driver: Be sure to get the contact and insurance information from the driver who hit you.
- Give your statement: Give your statement to the officer at the scene for the accident report.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you do not feel any pain immediately after an accident, you still should seek medical attention. Some symptoms of injuries may not appear right away.
In addition to these steps, it is crucial that you contact a car accident lawyer who may be able to help you with the California car accident claims process.
What Are the Most Common Elk Grove Car Accidents?
Car accidents may occur in various ways. Some of the most common types of California car accidents include:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Sideswipe collisions
- T-bone or intersectional collisions
- Rollover collisions
- Fender benders
If you have been the victim of a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve justice for the losses you have suffered.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
One of the leading causes of car accidents is negligence. When another driver acts negligently, they can cause a car accident that could have been prevented if they had been practicing safe driving. Common examples of negligence that have caused car accidents include:
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
- Distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while drowsy
- Inexperienced drivers
If another driver’s negligence resulted in a car accident that left you or a loved one injured, you may be entitled to receive compensation. To get help building your car accident claim, contact a skilled car accident lawyer.
Can You Collect Damages after an Elk Grove Car Accident?
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive financial compensation. The damages for which you may be eligible to receive compensation include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
If you are unsure what damages you may be entitled to receive, an experienced Elk Grove car accident lawyer may be able to help you by going over the details of your claim.
Contact an Elk Grove Car Accident Lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp
Car accidents can leave victims with life-altering injuries. If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident caused by a negligent driver, contact a car accident lawyer today to get help with your claim.
Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. is a personal injury law firm with experience helping clients who have been injured in Elk Grove car accidents. Attorney Ratinoff has over twenty-five years of experience helping clients pursue justice for the losses they have suffered. To set up a free consultation, fill out this contact form or call (916) 970-9100.