Modesto Personal Injury Lawyers
Accidents happen when you least expect them. Even the most cautious individuals can fall victim to the negligent actions of others and become injured. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has revealed that there are over 39 million personal injuries reported each year. If you or a loved one have been injured in a Modesto personal injury accident, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation for your losses. When filing a personal injury claim, you should seek the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Attorney Eric Ratinoff of Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. is an experienced personal injury lawyer who has represented thousands of injured people throughout California. With over twenty-five years of experience helping victims navigate the California legal system, Attorney Eric Ratinoff is passionate about providing clients with outstanding legal representation. Filing a personal injury claim can make a difficult situation even more stressful. Partnering with a dedicated personal injury attorney can ease your stress and help you obtain the best possible compensation for your losses.
What Is California’s Personal Injury Law?
If a person has been injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligent acts, then the victim has the legal right to pursue financial compensation by filing a personal injury claim. California is an at-fault state. This means that the at-fault party may be found liable for the accident, and the victim must file a claim with their insurance provider. Victims may seek the help of an experienced personal injury attorney to pursue damages for the losses they have suffered due to an accident.
Damages You May Be Eligible to Receive after a Personal Injury
After being injured in a personal injury accident, you may be owed financial compensation in the form of damages. Such damages could include:
- Medical expenses: After an injury, you may require extensive medical attention and rehabilitation that can be costly.
- Lost wages: If you were unable to work due to your injury, wages you lost will be a part of your claim.
- Lost earning potential: If your injury disables you from being able to perform your job at the same level as before, this changes your earning potential. An experienced personal injury attorney will employ experts to calculate your lost earning potential and include that in your claim.
- Property damage: When an accident results in damage to a victim’s property (i.e., a car or a bike), the victim should be compensated for the amount it would cost to have the item repaired or replaced.
- Pain and suffering: Accident victims may suffer from both physical and mental pain, including post-traumatic stress and emotional damages.
An experienced personal injury attorney will help you understand what damages you may be eligible to receive based on the details of your claim.
Common Types of Modesto Personal Injury Accidents
When a person’s negligent acts result in an injury to someone else, the accident may fall under the umbrella of personal injury law. Some common personal injury accidents include:
- Car accidents: Thousands of car accidents occur across the country every day, making them the most common type of personal injury accident. Always practice safe driving habits to avoid being negligent behind the wheel and causing an injury.
- Slip and fall accidents: While a slip and fall may not seem serious, these accidents could leave victims with serious injuries, including traumatic brain injuries.
- Assault: When someone intentionally puts another person in reasonable apprehension of harm or offensive contact, even if there is no actual physical contact, the victim should be compensated for any pain or suffering they endured as a result.
- Medical malpractice: When a medical professional is negligent, it may result in the severe injury or death of a patient under their care.
- Workplace accidents: Whether someone works at a construction site or in an office building, accidents could happen when they are least expected. Such accidents could leave employees injured.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated. For help filing a personal injury claim, contact Attorney Eric Ratinoff for dedicated and professional legal services.
What Are Common Modesto Personal Injuries?
Personal injuries may range from minor to severe, depending on the severity of the accident. Common personal injuries include:
- Head injuries or traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts or lacerations
- Blindness or deafness
- Loss of limbs
- Back, neck, or spine injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Regardless of the severity of your injuries, an experienced personal injury attorney may be able to help you build a solid personal injury claim to recover damages for your losses.
Partner with a Modesto Personal Injury Lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp.
Accidents happen when they are least expected, leaving victims stressed and confused as to what steps to take next. If you or a loved one have been injured in a Modesto personal injury accident, partner with a personal injury attorney at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. who can help you get through this difficult time.
Eric Ratinoff has over twenty-five years of experience helping personal injury accident victims get their lives back on track. Attorney Ratinoff is passionate about providing excellent legal representation and outstanding results for his clients. To schedule a free consultation, fill out this contact form or call (916) 970-9100.