Modesto Car Accident Lawyers
Even the safest drivers have no way to control the actions of others on the road. Because of this, the possibility of having a car accident is higher than one would like. While many people assume they would never get into a car accident, the reality is that there are six million car accidents in America every year.
Car accidents can cause severe injuries or even death. An accident could occur for various reasons. If another driver’s negligent acts caused the accident, the victims deserve compensation for their losses. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, you should partner with a Modesto car accident lawyer for help with your accident claim.
Eric Ratinoff of Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. is an experienced car accident attorney who has helped many victims of Modesto, California, car accidents. Attorney Eric Ratinoff understands the stress involved with being injured in a car accident. His firm provides clients with knowledgeable and personalized legal counsel while pursuing maximum compensation for their injuries.
What Should You Do after a Modesto Car Accident?
The moments immediately following a car accident may leave victims feeling frightened, stressed, and unsure of what to do. It is essential to take steps to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved after a car accident. Such steps include:
- Call emergency services: Do not rely on anyone else at the scene to do this. If you have been injured in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence, it is vital that emergency services arrive to write a report and help anyone who was injured.
- Check yourself for injuries: Check yourself and any passengers for any severe injuries and act accordingly. No matter the severity of your injuries, do not make certain comments (i.e., “I am not injured” or “I feel fine”) at the scene of the accident.
- Take photos and videos: Recording footage of the crash, property damage, and any visible injuries may be helpful to your accident claim.
- Get witness statements: If any witnesses approach you, ask if they would feel comfortable sharing a short statement and their contact information with you.
- Get contact information from the at-fault driver: You will need the contact and insurance information of the other driver to pursue a claim. It is crucial that you do not discuss fault when speaking with them.
- Give your statement to the police: The attending officer will be making an accident report. It is important that you give your statement and find out how to obtain a copy of the report for your car accident claim.
- Seek medical care: Even if you do not feel injured after a car accident, the shock of what happened may prevent you from noticing any symptoms. It is essential to see a medical professional and have them evaluate your injuries.
Additionally, you should seek the help of an experienced car accident lawyer in Modesto. Your lawyer may be able to help you build a strong claim as you pursue financial compensation for your losses.
What Are Common Types of Modesto Car Accidents?
Car accidents occur across the United States every day. While there is an endless list of different car accidents that may occur, some of the most common include:
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone or intersectional collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Side-swipe collisions
If you have been involved in a car accident, your injuries could negatively impact your quality of life. Whether your injuries are physical or emotional, you should be compensated for the losses you have suffered as a result of such injuries.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries can be minor, much more severe, or even deadly. The following are common car accident injuries:
- Head injury, concussions and traumatic brain injury
- Blindness or deafness
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts or lacerations
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
A car accident can severely affect a victim’s life. If you have suffered due to another person’s negligent acts, you deserve justice through financial compensation. Car accident victims may suffer economic and non-economic damages in the form of medical expenses, lost wages, or pain and suffering.
Partner with a Modesto Car Accident Lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp.
If you need help building your car accident claim, partner with an experienced Modesto car accident lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. A skilled attorney can help you fight the aggressive insurance providers for the damages you are owed.
Eric Ratinoff has over twenty-five years of experience helping victims of car accident injuries get their lives back on track. Modesto personal injury attorney Eric Ratinoff is proud to provide his clients with the award-winning and dedicated representation they deserve. To schedule a free consultation, you can fill out the online form or call (916) 970-9100.