Modesto Car Accident Lawyers
Even the safest drivers have no way to control the actions of others on the road. Because of this, the potential for a car accident is always present. While many people assume they would never get into a car accident, the reality is that there are six million car accidents in America every year.
The best approach is not to drive in fear of an accident but to be aware of your surroundings and drive defensively. Knowing the risks can help you better prepare for them.
Even still, an accident could occur for various reasons, ranging from an unexpected change in road conditions to an animal appearing out of nowhere, to another driver driving erratically. When an accident is caused by the negligent or careless act of another driver, it may be possible to pursue compensation for damages, including pain and suffering.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, you should discuss your potential case with an experienced car accident attorney. Partnering with a Modesto car accident lawyer can help you put together a solid car accident claim.
Eric Ratinoff of Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. is a highly qualified car accident attorney who has helped many victims of car accidents in California. Attorney Eric Ratinoff not only provides clients with knowledgeable and personalized legal counsel, but he also understands the stress involved with being injured in a car accident. In every case, he pursues the maximum compensation possible for his injured clients.
- 1 What Should You Do After a Modesto Car Accident?
- 2 What Are Common Types of Car Accidents?
- 3 Common Car Accident Injuries
- 4 Damages Available After a Modesto Car Accident
- 5 Partner With a Modesto Car Accident Lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp.
What Should You Do After a Modesto Car Accident?
The moments immediately following a car accident may leave victims feeling frightened, stressed, and unsure of what to do. It is essential to take steps to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved after a car accident. Such steps include:
- Call emergency services: Do not rely on anyone else at the scene to do this. If you have been injured in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence, it is vital that emergency services arrive to write a report and help anyone who was injured.
- Check yourself for injuries: Check yourself and any passengers for any injuries and act accordingly. No matter the severity of your injuries, do not make certain comments (i.e., “I am not injured” or “I feel fine”) at the scene of the accident.
- Take photos and videos: Recording footage of the crash, property damage, and any visible injuries may be helpful to your accident claim.
- Get witness statements: If any witnesses approach you, ask if they would feel comfortable sharing a short statement and their contact information with you.
- Get contact information from the at-fault driver: You will need the contact and insurance information of the other driver to pursue a claim. It is crucial that you do not discuss fault when speaking with them.
- Give your statement to the police: The attending officer will be making an accident report. It is important that you give your statement and find out how to obtain a copy of the report for your car accident claim.
- Seek medical care: Even if you do not feel injured after a car accident, the shock of what happened may prevent you from noticing any symptoms. It is essential to see a medical professional and have them evaluate your injuries.
Additionally, you should seek the help of a highly qualified Modesto car accident attorney. Your lawyer may be able to help you build a strong claim as you pursue financial compensation for your losses.
What Are Common Types of Car Accidents?
Car accidents occur across the United States every day. While there is an endless list of different car accidents that may occur, some of the most common include:
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone or intersectional collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Side-swipe collisions
If you have been involved in a car accident, your injuries could negatively impact your quality of life. Whether your injuries are physical or emotional, you should be compensated for the losses you have suffered due to such injuries.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries can be minor, much more severe, or even deadly. The following are common car accident injuries:
- Head injury, concussions, and traumatic brain injury
- Blindness or deafness
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts or lacerations
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
A car accident can severely affect a victim’s life. If you have suffered due to another person’s negligent acts, you deserve justice through financial compensation. Car accident victims may suffer economic and non-economic damages in the form of medical expenses, lost wages, or pain and suffering.
Damages Available After a Modesto Car Accident
If you have been involved in a Modesto car accident caused by another motorist’s negligence, you may pursue compensation for the damages you suffered. Damages are the monetary compensation awarded to the injured party for the losses incurred in the accident. The types of damages that may be available in a successful car accident claim include the following:
Recoverable Economic Damages
Economic damages are quantifiable in a car accident claim and have a monetary value. Your Modesto car accident lawyer will evaluate the value of your claim by looking at the following losses:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of medical treatment, hospitalization, surgery, medication, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages: If you missed work due to the car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages.
- Property damages: This includes the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle and any other property damaged due to the accident.
At Eric Ratinoff Law Corp., we know that car accidents caused by negligence can leave present and future financial hardship on victims, so that’s why we assess your medical records, pay stubs, and other vital records to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Recoverable Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages are not easily quantifiable and do not have a direct monetary value. As these are more subjective in nature, it is essential to work with a highly qualified car accident lawyer to assess the following losses:
- Pain and suffering: This includes the physical pain and emotional distress caused by the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If your capacity to partake in activities you enjoy has been impacted by the accident, you may recover compensation based on your losses.
- Loss of consortium: If the accident has affected your relationship with your spouse or partner, you may be able to secure compensation for loss of companionship.
In rare circumstances, punitive damages are awarded to the injured party to punish the at-fault party for their egregious behavior and deter others from engaging in similar conduct.
It’s important to note that California, as a pure comparative negligence state, allows victims to recover compensation for damages suffered, even if they were partially responsible for the accident. However, your award may be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to you.
Partner With a Modesto Car Accident Lawyer at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp.
If you need help building your car accident claim, partner with a highly qualified Modesto car accident attorney at Eric Ratinoff Law Corp. A skilled attorney can help you fight the aggressive insurance providers for the damages you are owed.
Eric Ratinoff has over thirty years of experience helping victims of car accident injuries get their lives back on track. Modesto personal injury attorney Eric Ratinoff is proud to provide his clients with the award-winning and dedicated representation they deserve. To schedule a free consultation, fill out our contact form or call (916) 970-9100.